BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company
COVID-19 Coronavirus Activity & Awareness Update
March 25, 2020
Our Valued Guests,
For nearly 40 years, we have preserved and maintained a fierce commitment established by our founder, Burt Cabañas, that our employees and guests are our most important priority. In the spirit of our Be the Difference values and culture, we are responding to the COVID-19 Coronavirus with an uncompromising commitment to protect the safety and wellbeing of all those we serve.
Our most sincere thoughts and prayers are with anyone who has been affected by this unparalleled event. We have profound respect for all of those on the front line trying to help contain and protect us all from the coronavirus. Please know that we are doing everything possible to monitor all COVID-19 activity 24 hours a day, in an effort to ensure we have taken every possible precaution to ensure the health and safety our of guests is protected and maintained.
As you will note below, our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and cover everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
We understand that in this environment travel may not be a current priority for you. However, please rest assured that when you do travel, and we can’t wait for that day to come and come soon, we are committed to your safety, serving you exceptionally well and delivering those moments that help you put social distancing behind you. For those of you that have travel scheduled to one of our properties, we are attempting to provide our guests with as much flexibility as possible during these challenging times. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
We will get through this together. Be safe, be well and Be The Difference.
Chief Executive Officer
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, places the health and safety of our guests and employees as our highest and most important business priority. We have undertaken a number of actions and initiatives to address the ongoing COVID-19 Coronavirus concerns, including:
- Subscribing to and remaining current with the US Department of Health & Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-recommended information resources and websites addressing the Coronavirus.
- Implementing a comprehensive proactive awareness program in place company-wide and are closely monitoring any changes or updates to the joint statement by The World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- Keeping our management team and all employees fully apprised of current developments related to the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
- Maintaining close and continuous observation of property health, wellness and safety operations, as is standard operating procedure for Benchmark properties, according to current government standards.
- An intensified daily commitment to cleanliness and hygiene, including additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates, everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications, to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
- Increased employee training on overall housekeeping and hygiene protocols.
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas (including hourly cleaning of our lobby, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms and restaurants) utilizing hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Food and beverage service adjusted in accordance with current food safety recommendations, while also enhancing menus with several superfood and immune boosting entrees, snacks, smoothies and teas.
- Assembling a list of nearby health care professionals and infectious disease resources for access by employees and guests should the need or request arise.
BENCHMARK® highly encourages and recommends its guests to check with their physician in the event of symptoms, and jointly decide with their health care professional on whether travel schedules should be maintained or adjusted.